Researchers at the University of Oxford are at the forefront of developments in both fundamental and applied photonics. From quantum photonics and metrology to super-resolution optical imaging, biophotonics, ultrafast spectroscopy, sensing, and laser processing.
Recognising the diverse range of expertise and applications, the Oxford Photonics Engineering Unit has been set up to provide consultancy and research services to the wider academic community and industries.
Scope of Services
Instrument development, technical consultancy and research secondment
Areas of Expertise
- Confocal, multi-photon and super-resolution microscopy
- Imaging systems, optical tweezers, optical fabrication techniques and spectroscopy
- Active and adaptive optics for aberration correction and light control
- Laser machining facilities (3D waveguide structures, photonic devices)
- Quantum information devices
Prof. Martin Booth (chairman) firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Bei Li (research engineer) email@example.com
Dr Iris Choi (research engineer) firstname.lastname@example.org